Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Girl in a small town in Xinjiang, China

This was first published on Nov 6, 2005, on my other blog in Blogsppot
This picture is being published for the first time. I took this picture in Urumqi, China, in the late nineties. I had my camera in ready position when this little girl in red floral dress came out of the shop in the background. With a seasoned green kettle in hand, she stooped down and poured the water onto her little hands and then started washing them. She wasn't shy - she just looked at me as-a-matter-of-factly. Framed by shadows of men with torquoise-green eyes from the Uigher stock with natural light coming from the left, illuminating the street and the texture of the street and culture, this is perhaps one of the nicest pictures i had ever taken.

No comments: