Sunday, September 14, 2008

Air-Dry Clay Class ~ Tanglin Special School


The students of my clay class have seen improvement over the months as they tried out a Korean brand of air-dry clay. These students really like the activity as they come week after week, making object after object. I'm glad they enjoy the hobby.
Some mastered the basics at a faster rate and they are challenged to produce products for sale while the beginners find satisfaction in making something they are happy with in class. All projects will be displayed and i hope they derive a sense of achievement when they see their works being displayed.
(middle picture - Ching Xiu making an Oreo for sale)

Talking about commitment - Whenever i arrive at the school, helpful Jason, a boy not from my clay class but from another class, will greet my at the car porch and help me to bring the things into the classroom. I'm proud of him and his sense of duty. Thank you Jason!

Right now, the teacher-in-charge, Mrs Hong, and myself are preparing for the year end sale, which will see fund-raising being done for the school. Of course, the most important is still the sense of achievement for the 20 over kids. Sometimes, a parent volunteer, Helen, will come and chip in and help out with managing the kids as well.



No comments: