Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Pathways, Business Aspirations & Ideas


I am sitting here in a car machine shop at Sin Ming Drive, Singapore, getting my engine oil changed. My last post was in April, before Mother's Day 2011. As the old, sticky oil is being dripped, and new golden synthetic oil poured in, i am writing and updating everyone who has been tuning in to my posts an update of new pathways in my life and my business aspirations. Since April 2011, I have been on my own, with my training company PEAK PARADIGM.Check out my FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/peakparadigm. I am also lecturing in a good local polytechnic, and i am enjoying much of my time there. One particular class an IT class, has been a great source of happiness for me.

My public talk at Tampines Regional Library (TRL) last Saturday finally went 'on air' smoothly after some hiccups. The sign ups were not up to my expectations, very possibly due to the little publicity given; but the generally young participants enjoyed themselves. I didn't need to prepare much as i used leaves that were hand-made many months back as starting points for the participants.

The theme was hatched on Friday itself. Why not make it a red and white affair? Our National Day is just round the corner. Of course it made sense. TRL also made the event smooth by kindly providing 3 helpful student helpers who also would like some CIP (Community Involvement Prog) hours pumped into their student records. Nice touch!

A supportive student from SP came to support me and it added to the success of the talk. The pictures once again tell the sense of satisfaction of a well-spent hour and half. Thanks to Su San who coordinated this public talk. I am looking forward to more talks and public demos ;-)

I'll just sign out here and give more personal updates tomorrow and onwards. Cheers!


No comments: